Welcome to the ChappyShowcase BlogSpot

Please enjoy an eclectic diversity of content and subjects created by Matt Chapman. This blog page gives more in depth detail and cool anecdotes pertaining to each video, film, or perhaps something else completely. On top of that, you will find info about the online video making paradigm, production, post-production and more. ChappyShowcase has content channels all over the web. All links for each channel are located for your convenience at a click of the button. Be sure to check the blog regularly to be updated on what is happening with Growing Up Guide Pup, ChappyShowcase, and GurillaTV. Or, better yet, subscribe to one of the RSS feeds so every new post is automatically emailed to you. Enjoy...and remember, keep that camera rollin!

Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2008

Award Winning Short - IN CASE OF EMERGENCY

When i set out to make my first professional film, I wanted to tell a story about a subject that I new well. I wanted to make a movie that was high in concept, and provided a tale that unfolded before the audiences eyes. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY was just that.

I knew a film about cigarette smoking was something that I could borrow from my own life experiences, and put out a neutral message that said quitting smoking is difficult. This day and age a person would have to be brain dead to not know the dangers of smoking, and yet they do it anyways. This is the idea that is at the core of my film...chasing that forbidden fruit despite the consequences is something that millions of people do.

It boils down to my favorite quote of all time..."Quitting smoking is the easiest thing I have ever done. Heck I ought to know, I've done it at least a thousand times" MARK TWAIN

Chapman Digital Motion Pictures presents a powerfully enlightening drama. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY is the tale of Joe, a recovering ex-smoker faced with the addiction he wants to overcome.

Awards:
Honerable Mention; Twin Rivers Media
Editors Choice Award; Crackle.com

Official Selection:
Crackle.com Short Category Sep 07
SF Frozen Film Fest July 07
Cinequest Online Fest Nov 06
Poppy Jasper Film Fest Nov 06
Cal Independent Film Fest Oct 06
Action on Film Fest July 06
Twin Rivers Media Fest April 06

2 comments:

lj hearn said...

Love your work Matt as ever!! You do have a way of telling truths about things that gives me a laugh!!

ChappyShowcase said...

Yeah well LJ...I think that giving a message with a absurd angle like a break-out box with a cig is just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks,

Matt